Who we are:
Retrofit’s vision is to transform lives and workplaces by improving health, happiness and performance. Our mission is to deliver the most personalized weight-management and disease-prevention solutions for obesity and related conditions. Retrofit uses live expert coaches, a smart dashboard for tracking and notifications, interactive classes, social support from an online community and a variety of self-monitoring technologies to deliver engagement, industry-leading outcomes and lasting results.
Who you are:
You have a passion for what you do and you like for your work to make a difference. You thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
We are looking for motivated and highly knowledgeable part-time Spanish speaking, reading and writing, Wellness Experts. For each client assigned, you will be their dedicated Wellness Expert helping them achieve their weight loss goals and/or wellness objectives. We hold ourselves accountable, just as we do our clients.
As a Wellness Expert, you will be responsible for delivering an outstanding coaching experience that will transform lives.
Specific expectations include:
- Educate according to the Retrofit Way curriculum and guiding principles
- Monitor your clients’ progress via Retrofits’ proprietary, internet based platform
- Provide valuable and constructive food and exercise log feedback
- Proactively reach out to clients to ensure that they are engaged and on track to meet their goals
- Respond to client calls/emails within 12 hours
- Facilitate an open, empathic and honest environment for clients
- Help your clients reach their weight loss goals
- Motivate and guide clients towards their lifelong goal of total wellness in line with our protocol
- Provide 1:1 online weight management coaching for clients via live videoconference sessions and written communication through Retrofits’ internet based platform
- Deliver education and counseling according to Retrofits’ wellness protocol, develop SMART strategies with clients, and ensure clients have the tools they need to be successful with those strategies
- Actively communicate with clients between coaching sessions to provide feedback and support, answer questions, share resources, and hold clients accountable to their goals
- Participate in monthly Wellness Expert and All Company Meetings
- Collaborate with Wellness Expert team on various projects as requested, e.g. research, development of client education materials, presentations
What you need:
- Master’s Degree in Nutrition/Dietetics, Science, Counseling, Social Work, or Psychology preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of coaching experience
- Passionate about changing people’s lives and willing to go the extra mile to help clients be successful.
- Ability to deliver high quality, engaging educational presentations on health and wellness issues.
- Display confidence, assertiveness and flexibility. Must be a self-starter.
- Detail oriented- the type of person who remembers everything about everyone you meet.
- Extremely comfortable with and interested in technology.
- Creative, dedicated and relentless in helping clients achieve their goals.
- Knowledge in behavior change and habit formation.
- Excellent written, grammar and communication skills
- Candid: We speak our minds to get to the heart of the matter. We communicate with truth, transparency and respect.
- Always Innovating: We don't just think differently, we do differently. We are intellectually curious, imagining and trying new approaches.
- Driven to Deliver: We are passionate about delivering results. We are tenacious and resourceful.
- Good Egg: We are a genuine, compassionate good-hearted bunch guided by our north star. No egos here.
- Customer Delight: We get you. We anticipate what you need before you need it. True partnership. True happiness.
Retrofit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or veteran status.