Who we are
Retrofit’s vision is to transform lives and workplaces by improving health, happiness and performance. Our mission is to deliver the most personalized weight-management and disease-prevention solutions for obesity and related conditions. Retrofit uses live expert coaches, a smart dashboard for tracking and notifications, interactive classes, social support from an online community and a variety of self-monitoring technologies to deliver engagement, industry-leading outcomes and lasting results.
The role: In a nutshell
We are looking for a motivated and highly knowledgeable Diabetes Prevention Program Experts. For each client group assigned, you will be their dedicated Expert helping them achieve their weight loss goals and DPP objectives. We hold ourselves accountable, just as we do our clients. As an Expert, you will be responsible for delivering an outstanding coaching experience that will transform lives.
Please note: You must live in and have Delaware social work license.
Specific expectations include
- Educate according to the DPP curriculum and guiding principles
- Monitor your clients’ progress via Retrofit’s proprietary, internet-based platform
- Provide valuable and constructive food and exercise log feedback
- Proactively reach out to clients to ensure that they are engaged and on track to meet their goals
- Respond to client calls/emails within 12 hours
- Facilitate an open, empathic, and honest environment for clients
- Help your clients reach their weight loss goals and DPP objectives
- Motivate and guide clients towards their lifelong goal of total wellness in line with our protocol
- Facilitate the year-long Diabetes Prevention Program for clients via an initial live virtual presentation, video-conference sessions, recorded lessons and written communication through Retrofits’ internet based platform.
- Deliver education and personalized coaching according to Retrofits’ DPP protocol, develop SMART strategies with clients, and ensure clients have the tools they need to apply what they are learning to their lives
- Actively engage with clients via community dashboard, private dashboard, and 1:1 coaching sessions to provide feedback and support, answer questions, share resources, and hold clients accountable to their goals.
- Focus on serving clients efficiently and effectively to achieve the best outcomes possible.
- Virtually participate in monthly Expert and All Company Meetings, as well as twice monthly Trainings and stay current on updates sent via email.
What you need
- Clinical Social Worker or Registered Dietitian, residing and licensed in Delaware
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or Nutrition
- Minimum of 3 years of coaching experience in weight management or diabetes education
- Passionate about changing people’s lives and willing to go the extra mile to help clients be successful
- Ability to deliver high quality, engaging educational presentations on health and wellness issues
- Display confidence, assertiveness and flexibility. Must be a self-starter
- Detail oriented- the type of person who remembers everything about everyone you meet
- Extremely comfortable with and interested in technology
- Creative, dedicated and relentless in helping clients achieve their goals
- Knowledge in behavior change and habit formation
- Excellent written, grammar and communication skills
Retrofit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or veteran status.