Who we are
Retrofit’s vision is to transform lives and workplaces by improving health, happiness and performance. Our mission is to deliver the most personalized weight-management and disease-prevention solutions for obesity and related conditions. Retrofit uses live expert coaches, a smart dashboard for tracking and notifications, interactive classes, social support from an online community and a variety of self-monitoring technologies to deliver engagement, industry-leading outcomes and lasting results.
Who you are
You have a passion for what you do and would like your work to make a difference. You thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced and team-oriented environment. You are a key strategic leader to our company’s exponential business growth as well as its thriving culture. You are a data-driven, market-maker with the ability to turn our vision into a long-term strategy for pioneering new opportunities. You have the ability to create an excellent communication framework across the various organizational functions.
The role: in a nutshell
We’re looking for a transformative leader who will create and execute a revenue roadmap across direct sales and channel partnerships and have ultimate accountability for profitable revenues. Reporting to the CEO, you will implement revenue generation processes based on insights gained from industry insights, data and customer behavior across all channels to help drive cross-sell, up-sell and profitability. This position will develop and train an energetic and passionate crew and will come to work feeling energized about the challenges and rewards ahead.
What you’ll do
- Maintain a deep understanding of the full scope of customer engagement including sales trends, marketing data, customer usage behavior, issues & support, propensity to churn and ultimately, which levers to pull to scale company revenue as fast as possible.
- Create and implement a plan to create demand and achieve revenue results by operationalizing go-to-market strategy.
- Generate scalable, repeatable and predictable revenue
- Create, implement and manage predictable, repeatable, and scalable revenue generation processes.
- Drive organic revenue growth by leveraging all revenue-generating functional areas including marketing, sales, account management, customer support, and finance.
- Actively collaborate with the marketing team on go-to-market strategy, messaging, and demand generation.
- Implement tools to help predict the outcome of a deal cycle or customer engagement before it happens, while accurately forecasting revenue growth and customer loyalty by analyzing a myriad of data points and sources.
- Manage a consistent pipeline and forecasting methodology, and report regularly to the company, investors, and the board of directors.
- Coach and build a high-performing sales team in a climate of rapid growth.
- Own business development function and partnership strategy.
- Effectively evangelize Retrofit’s unique, data driven, high-touch and high tech solutions, outcomes and value to prospects to qualify, drive and close high quality business.
- Conduct ROI analyses for new opportunities and negotiate pricing, service levels, performance guarantees, deliverables and timelines.
- Collaborate effectively with account management and operations to forecast resource needs, onboard new sales, and delight customers.
- Partner with operations, product and development teams to relay customer feedback in order to build products that delight our customers.
- Partner with finance on pricing strategies and business models to achieve revenue goals
- Partner with finance and human resources to design commission plans that reward top talent and support the revenue strategy.
- Maintain deep knowledge of Retrofit’s product, industry trends and competition.
- Contribute to Retrofit’s culture by actively living our values.
What you need
- 15+ years of consultative sales experience in health and wellness, employee benefits, employer software/SAAS and/or adjacent industries with strong track record of exceeding sales targets
- 5+ years of experience building a high functioning sales organization
- Extremely smart, entrepreneurial profile with strategic vision and strong bias to execute
- Good communication skills and proven experience aligning all revenue generating departments around a common vision and complementary goals
- Experience negotiating and structuring sales contracts with sophisticated buyers
- Demonstrated expertise in consultative, solution selling and business development skills with ability to align the customer's business needs with our solution to drive sales and close deals
- Must be aggressive self-starter with strong relationship management and negotiation skills
- Deep knowledge of healthcare, technology and digital health markets
- Ability to travel up to 50% for customer engagements and marketing events
- B.A. in a relevant field or equivalent work experience
- MBA or other Master’s level degree with relevant focus, preferred
Impress us even more
- Experience working in a high-growth, fast-paced start-up